The Mission of The Meadows Golf and Country Club is to be an innovative, exemplary golf club course with qualified and motivated personnel whose goals are to ensure the company’s growing success. We are always searching for excellent dedicated employees in all departments. If interested in working in any of our departments please send an email to email@example.com with what specific department you would prefer to work in (grounds maintenance, cart shed, bartenders, banquet servers, cooks, dish washers and the pro-shop).
WE ARE CURRENTLY HIRING FOR THE 2020 GOLF SEASON. WE ARE LOOKING FOR A PRO SHOP ATTENDANT. PLEASE EMAIL GOLF@THEMEADOWSGOLF.CA
Pro Shop Attendant:
- Prepare pro-shop for business (disarm alarm, unlock doors, activate P.O.S and debit machine. Count float, check for delays, synchronize courses and events with team leader etc.)
- Daily cash transactions (visual touch, debit, gift certificate sales, rainchecks, comp passes etc.)
- Respond to telephone calls (direct calls to proper extensions, take starting times, provide information etc.).
- Coordinate and direct players to proper starting tees.
- Issue receipts for golf carts, green fees and rental sets.
- Oversee activity of customers browsing in proshop.
- Interact with Player Assistant crew, ensuring smooth operation of courses.
- Provide assistance with tournament set-up and tear down.
- Provide product knowledge and assistance on sales floor.
- Keep pro-shop in presentable condition (dust, organize, stock inventory, display merchandise etc.)
- Ensure daily cash reconciliations balance, are completed properly and are deposited into safe.
- Provide friendly courteous service, including a smile to the customers.
Customer service experience is an asset to those individuals on the proshop team. Cash register experience is preferred, as is experience in some area of golf operations. Applicants must be flexible have their own source of transportation and be able to arrive at the club early in the morning. Tardiness will not be accepted, those individuals arriving late for a morning opening shift may be terminated immediately. The applicable dress code for pro- shop staff is cotton or dress slacks, shorts are permitted for female staff members or when the temperature is forecasted 30c. Shirts must be purchased from the Staff catalogue or purchased from the Meadows pro shop. Shirts must be tucked in at all times. Personal hygiene requirements are clean- shaven daily and closely cut hair.
You must be available for 3-4 shifts per week (including one weekend shift).