The Following Policies and Procedures must be followed by all patrons of The Meadows Golf and Country Club. They are designed to ensure that players can expect an enjoyable round of golf, good course conditions, speed of play and management consistency from day to day.
- Golfers must check in with the starter 10 minutes prior to their starting time (to be on deck). During this 10-minute interval, the starter will be required to give an explanation of the basic rules and regulations. Failure to appear in recommended time may result in loss of starting time.
- All Golfer must follow the designated course rotations assigned to them by the ProShop.
- Golfers are not permitted to change from one course to another during their round. At times, groups will be permitted to change course rotations with the Proshops approval. The Meadows’ four nine advantage will be utilized to ensure the smooth flow of players.
- Golfers are not permitted to start on a “back nine”.
- Play is prohibited on a “closed course”. When a course is closed it will have a chain barrier across the cart path, and, a prominent red course closed sign will be displayed.
- Groups larger than a foursome are not permitted at anytime.
- Any groups stopping after the ninth hole will have 10 minutes to resume play on the tenth tee. Failing to do so will result in their loss of position on the course, their play may restart only if space becomes available
- Alcohol not purchased from The Meadows is prohibited as regulated by The AGCO, and will be confiscated.
- All players must have their own set of clubs. Rental clubs are available in the pro-shop. Exceptions may be made for certain events.
- When a full hole has become available in front of a slow group, groups must either:
- Speed up their play and catch up to the group in front of them. or
- They must pick up their ball and proceed to skip the hole, lastly
- Allow following groups to play through.
- Twosomes and singles will be grouped together whenever possible.
- Optimum speed of play should be 4 1/2 hours or approx.15 minutes per hole
- Minimum playing age required is 12 years unless accompanied by an adult.
- The Meadows does not possess a weather detection system. Golfers are advised that play at their own risk.
- For the convenience of all golfers on the course, players will 3 minutes to search for lost balls.
- All pull carts must not be taken within a 5 yard circle of the green, and must remain off all tee decks.
All players must abide by standard golf course dress regulations:
- NO: Swim shorts, tattered jeans, sweat pants, cut-off shorts, muscle shirts, tank tops, halter-tops, T-shirts with controversial logos.
- NO: Football, soccer or baseball cleats, boots or heels.
- YES: Presentable jeans, cotton pants, rain pants, shorts, plain T-shirt, collared shirts, women’s sleeveless shirts, rubber-soled shoes, golf shoes etc.
- Players are not permitted to start prior to the first designated tee time of the day, or, tee off after the last designated tee time of the day.
- During the regular season (mid May- first Saturday in Sept.) Tee times start at 6:30am on Sat/Sun/Holidays and 7:00am Mon-Fri, The Last daily tee time is 6:30pm. The proshop opens ½ hour prior to the first tee time, and closes ½ hour after the last tee time.
- Opening and closing tee times and proshop hours will fluctuate with the changing daylight and course conditions, please verify with our ProShop as required.
- The general cart path rule is scatter, however cart paths are provided on every hole please use them as much as possible.
- When course conditions are not favorable, the course will go to cart path only status, when this occurs there are no exceptions, carts must stay on pathways. If there are large puddles on the pathway, slow down and continue slowly through the water. Do not venture out onto the grass to bypass.
- Carts and equipment must be returned to cart shed 10 minutes after sunset (as posted on the “Weather Channel”.
- The Meadows currently does not offer “handicap” flags, players cannot bring their own.(see available Meadows Disabilty Policy)
- All power carts must not be driven within a 20 yard circle of the green, and where provided will remain on the cart path, green directional signs will indicate this no cart zone.
- Players must share power carts. Groups arriving at the tee with more than one single rider power cart, will be joined together on one cart.
- Those players displaying signs of impaired driving on golf carts, or carrying on as such, causing damage to the course or its fixtures, will have their playing privileges revoked.
- Any individual wish to rent or operate a power cart must be a minimum 16 years of age. With a valid drivers license.
- Golf Bikes, Golf Boards, Segways or similar type of vehicles are not permitted nor are they available on The Meadows courses.
- Personal use Electric pull carts are permitted.
- Any form of abuse directed to any of the employees of The Meadows will not be tolerated.
- Instruction and guidance given by our staff regarding all aspects of the operation must be followed.
- Maintenance equipment may or not stop while you are golfing. If it is safe to do so they will continue working while golfers are swinging. These are hourly staff with limited time to complete the tasks at hand.
Failure to abide by the above regulations and guidelines will result in the following forms of disciplinary measures:
- Players will be warned that such behavior is not tolerated
- Players will face a two week suspension from The Meadows property.
- Further forms of verbal or other threatening behavior will result in the suspension of a players playing privileges for the remainder of the year and potentially beyond.